The ISU Fencing Club is a student-run organization whose members are taught the fundamentals of this exciting sport. We fence all three Olympic weapons: foil, epee, and saber. The club meets twice a week, with one practice devoted to footwork and blade-work drills and lessons, and the other devoted to open bouting. The ISUFC holds and attends many tournaments each year, during which the rules and guidelines of conduct of the US Fencing Association are observed. We welcome fencers of all experience levels. Come check us out!
Left: Epeeist Yuly Suvorov takes silver at the 2008 Frostbite tournament in Des Moines.
Monday, Aug. 22
- Practice as usual: Monday and Wednesday 7:45-9:45pm in Beyer 301. New members are welcome anytime!
Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011
- Come to ISU's FROSTY Open, Feb. 19-20 in the Beyer Hall gym!
9:00 a.m. - Mixed Foil
1:30 p.m. - Mixed Saber
10:00 a.m. - Mixed Epee
12:30 p.m. - Unrated Foil
- Athletes: the participation waiver is here.
- More info on askFRED: http://askfred.net/Events/moreInfo.php?tournament_id=13623&FREDSID=imtldnlmraiv57n69jkvqsgdl0
Tuesday, Sept. 21
- Here's the waiver for the Cantaloupe! Copies will be available on site. If you are under 18, you will need to have a parent/guardian sign it.
Thursday, August 5
- Saturday, Sept. 25 - Cantaloupe Open
ISU's annual fall tournament held in 206 Beyer Hall (the gym). Winners get a tasty cantaloupe!
See the Schedule page for many more upcoming tournaments!
8:45 a.m. - Foil
11:30 a.m. - Epee
2:30 p.m. - Saber
Thursday, April 22
- President: Eric Windsor
- Treasurer: Sarah Timmons
- Secretary: Jessica Perreault
- Tournament Coordinator: Sarah Timmons
- Webmaster: Ann Goodyear
- Armorer: Lance Carlson
- SCC Rep: Mitch Grundmeier
- Unofficial Positions:
Beginner Coach: Lance Carlson
Publicity Chair: Heather Deaton
Club Psycho: Zack Batchelder
Gamer Chick: Charles Bickett
Next Monday, April 26 will be armoring night. We will be be fixing stuff! If you don't know how to fix gear, this is your best opportunity to learn. Colin, our Master Armorer, will be leaving after this semester. Learn all you can now because there will be no one of comparable skill around next year!
Summer nationals qualifiers from IA Divisionals (April 10th):
-Yuly Suvorov - Div 2 & 3 MF
-Eric Windsor - Div 2 MF
-Sarah Timmons - Div 2 & 3 WE